Join the Team
Kelowna Christian Center Society
Heritage Christian Online School, a ministry of Kelowna Christian Center Society, has contract openings for the following Grad Program level SCIENCE courses:
- Individualized Science 10 - approx. 85 seats
- Individualized Biology 11 and 12 – approx. 45 seats
- Individualized Chemistry 11 and 12 – approx. 25 seats
- Individualized Physics 11 & 12 – approx. 20 seats
- Individualized Earth Science 11 – approx. 9 seats
- To work with Grad Program level students to earn official transcript credit for Science courses.
Duties and Responsibilities
Curriculum Consultation and Course Planning
- Assist the parent/student with curriculum selection and supplemental materials as necessary
- Assist the parent/student with their Student Learning Plan which will include a course completion schedule
- To engage in the instruction of the course material and the assessment of evidence of learning.
- To complete term report card grades and comments.
- To work with the learning management software Moodle for course support and evidence of learning management.
- BC Teaching Certificate with qualifications to teach Grad Program Science
- Ability to build relationships and work relationally with students at this grade level.
- Ability to deal with a variety of writing levels and competencies.
- Ability to work with Moodle, Zoom and Skype
- Be comfortable working on a computer
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management skills
Job will require time working on a computer, consistent Skype/ZOOM hours so students can depend on you being there for them
Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a computer
Individualized Science courses will pay $300 per seat in the 2017-18 school year.
All applications must be in by Monday August 14, 2017.