Heritage Christian Online School, a ministry of Kelowna Christian Center Society, has openings for dynamic and energetic people who would like to be GRAD PROGRAM ACADEMIC ADVISORSfor six regions in BC (Island, Lower Mainland East, Lower Mainland West, Northern BC, Okanagan/Kootenay, Okanagan/Thompson)
The primary role of this position is to offer regional support to Grades 10 through Grade 12 students and their families as they plan and implement their academic program. Grad Program Academic Advisors will also be an integral part of a Regional support team and build into the culture and future of HCOS.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As part of a team, collaborate with the K-9, SE and LS Admin leaders in the region to provide the best possible support for Grad Program students.
- Participate in scheduled Regional Team meetings (minimum monthly)
- Participate in training and professional development sessions as deemed necessary by the Grad Program Director
- Regularly communicate Grad Program information to students/families
- Process applications for new Grade 10-12 students in the region
- Assist Grad Program students with course selection and offer other academic advice
- Facilitate referrals to Learning Services or Special Ed as deemed necessary
- Respond to parent inquiries and program/course overview questions in your region.
- Monitor overall student progress and offer support to students as needed
- Direct all teacher related issues to the Grad Program Director
- As an ambassador for HCOS, be the ‘face’ of the Grad Program at Regional Open Houses and at other Provincial outreach opportunities, when possible
- Help support and organize Grad Program Learning Camps and Community Connections in your region
- Authentic Christ-like character, full of grace for others
- Enthusiastic attitude and sincere desire to work with teens
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, the BC Grad Program and the options available to students in British Columbia
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Computer literate – email, scanning, documents, databases, spreadsheets, etc.
- Flexible attitude towards innovation and change; proactive rather than reactive
- BC Certified Teacher preferred for these positions but open to all potential candidates
- Daytime, occasional evening and weekend work
- Ability to spend extended hours in front of a computer screen or on the phone
- Part-time – 8 to 12 hours per week (depending on student numbers in the region)
- Rate of salary pay will be discussed during the interview process.
Training for this position will begin immediately.
NOTE:Please be sure to specifically indicate which region(s) you are applying for when you fill out the form. The regions are:
- Grad Program Academic Advisor - Island
- Grad Program Academic Advisor – Lower Mainland East
- Grad Program Academic Advisor – Lower Mainland West
- Grad Program Academic Advisor – Northern BC
- Grad Program Academic Advisor – Okanagan/Kootenay
- Grad Program Academic Advisor – Okanagan/Thompson
Please apply online by clicking on the link (CTRL+ click) or by copying and pasting the following link onto your web browser: https://documents.onlineschool.ca/forms/view.php?id=83870 by March 27th , 2017.