Offense - Rags to Riches
Mar 19, 2017
Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in good health, just as your soul prospers. 3 John 1:2
The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it.
“Riches and honor are with me, enduring riches and righteousness. I traverse the way of righteousness in the midst of the paths of justice, that I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth, that I may fill their treasuries.” Prov 8:18-21
Everything belongs to God
- “The earth is the Lords and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein. Psalm 24:1
“For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know all the birds of the mountains, and the wild beasts of the field are mine.” Psalm 50:10
- “And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which he swore to your fathers, as it is written this day. Deut 8:18
He also said to His disciples: "There was a certain rich man who had a steward, and an accusation was brought to him that this man was wasting his goods. (2) So he called him and said to him, 'What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your stewardship, for you can no longer be steward.' (3) "Then the steward said within himself, 'What shall I do? For my master is taking the stewardship away from me. I cannot dig; I am ashamed to beg.
- (10) He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much.
- (11) Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
- (12) And if you have not been faithful in what is another man's, who will give you what is your own?
- (13) "No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."
“God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.” II Cor 9:8
“My God shall supply all your need according
to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
Every good gift and perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. James 1:17